HHIVE is recruiting participants for research studies. See below for additional background and contact information.
Writing Diabetes: A Research Study
(Download flyer here)
Do you have Diabetes? Do you like writing?
We are conducting a research study of how participating in a creative writing workshop can help people with diabetes. Our workshop offers a new form of diabetes therapy and support. The study will consist of a baseline visit, 8 writing workshops, and a follow up visit.
To participate in the study, you must:
- Have diabetes (any type)
- Be over the age of 18
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Be comfortable discussing and sharing your writing in a supportive group setting
Where: Baseline visits and follow up visits will be at the UNC Diabetes Clinic, 300 Meadowmont Lane, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. Workshop meetings will be held at the Seymour Center, 2551 Homestead Road, Chapel Hill, NC 2716. Both locations are on a Chapel Hill bus line.
When: The initial visit and follow up visits will be held in January and April. The workshop meetings will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8 p.m. from February 16th – April 5th. Refreshments included.
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-962-4009.
Principal Investigator: Jordynn Jack
HHIVE Laboratory, 201 Greenlaw Hall, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 / email@example.com.
UNC IRB# 15-2483
Approval Date: 10/11/2016
Falls: A Study of Older Adults’ Experience Telling Fall Narratives
(Download flyer here)
Have you fallen or had a near fall experience?
Would you like to share your experience with students?
To participate in the research study you must:
- Be 75 years of age or older and community dwelling,
- Be comfortable speaking in English, and
- Be comfortable discussing a fall experience with students.
Participation in this study entails:
- Discussing your fall or near fall experience with students in face-to-face interviews in February 2016.
- Writing or dictating a story about a fall.
- A baseline visit, 3 interviews, and a follow-up phone call: 4 visits total.
- No transportation necessary: we’ll come to you!
Participants will not be financially compensated for their participation in this study, but they will receive a copy of the story they have written with the help of the student interviewers.
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (919) 962-4009.
411 Greenlaw Hall, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
UNC IRB # 15-2534
Approval Date: 10/07/2015