- This event has passed.
The Examined Life Conference
October 6, 2016 @ 9:00 am - October 8, 2016 @ 5:00 pm
The Examined Life Conference seeks to explore the intersections between the arts and medicine. How can they be of use to each other? How can they interact to make each more than they were without the other? Enjoy discussions and presentations on how the arts can be used in medical education and patient and provider care. Experience works by others like you: people who are trying to get along in the world of health care.
The program seeks to…
- encourage healthcare professionals, medical educators, patients and their family members to define methods for incorporating writing, humanities, and the arts into medical education, patient and self care, and/or professional development schemes.
- identify the role that writing, humanities, and the arts can play in such activities.
- identify avenues to pursue that can improve their creative or reflective writing; describe and utilize the mechanics of writing for publication.
Upon completion of this conference the participant will be able to…
- Identify tools to enhance their understanding of medical education, patient and self care, and/or professional development needs.
- Discuss the ethical, emotional, and psychological requirements of these needs.
- Describe methods that can be used to increase the well-being and communication skills of medical learners, healthcare provider, patients and family members.
- Examine publication practices.